Trackball Roller Plus
The Roller Plus has been specifically designed to improve computer access where the user may have difficulties with a conventional mouse. This robust unit has many special features including a speed control key, latching drag switch and buttons that allow only up/down or left/right movements of the cursor. This mouse alternative is ideal for users with severe motor-skill difficulties.
- Cursor control: The cursor is moved around the screen by moving the joystick in the direction you wish the cursor to go. The further the joystick is moved, the faster the cursor will move. The cursor will continue to move until the joystick is returned to the central position.
- Left mouse switch (to the left of the trackball): This switch takes the place of the left mouse switch and is used for single click and double click operations.
- Right mouse switch (to the right of the trackball): This switch takes the place of the right mouse switch.
- Double click switch (to the bottom left of the trackball): If difficulty is experienced when 'double clicking' with the left mouse switch, a single press of this switch will execute a double click operation.
- Drag switch (to the bottom right of the trackball): When this switch is pressed once, 'dragging operations' can be executed. This is the equivalent of holding down the left mouse key. Pressing the switch a second time cancels this operation. Actuation of the drag function is indicated by an LED at the top left of the unit.
- X-Y switch (above the trackball): Pressing this switch once gives left-right cursor movements only, pressing again gives up-down only. To cancel this function the switch should be pressed a third time. Selection of this function is indicated by an LED at the top left of the unit.
- Speed control switch: This switch gives five cursor speeds. Each time the switch is pressed, the cursor slows down until after the slowest speed, it will then revert to the highest speed and the cycle will be repeated. This is a hardware acceleration control option which works in conjunction as needed with the standard mouse acceleration built into your operating system.
- Switch box: All of the switches apart from the speed control can be accessed remotely by attaching the switch box to the 'D' connector at the rear of the unit. Any switch with a 3.5 mm jack can then be connected to take the place of the switches on the unit.
- Right-handed OR left-handed operation: This unit has the ability to swap from right to left-handed operation. In order to toggle 'left-handed' and 'right-handed' button configuration, press and hold the middle and left buttons.
- Removable finger guard: Helps to locate the correct switch, supports the hand, and avoids pressing the wrong keys.
- Solid construction: Keeps the unit in place.
- Plug and play: No special software needed.
- Width: 5.3" (13.4 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 8.5" (21.5 cm)
- Height: 2.6" (6.7 cm)
- Trackball: 2.5" (6.35 cm) diameter
- Force: Buttons require only 2.3 oz (64 grams) of pressure to actuate.
- Case: ABS
- Colour: Grey case, blue trackball
- Cable length: 79" (2 m)
- Cable sheath: White PVC
- Resolution: 1080 edges per ball revolution
- Power source: 5 V (D.C.) ± 5% @ 50 mA
- Included in the box:Compatibility: PC, Mac
- Switch Adaptor Box
- USB to PS/2 Adapter
- Perspex Keyguard
- Operating instructions
- Interface: USB (USB to PS/2 adapter included)
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.