Solidtek Mini Compact Keyboard ASK-3100
This is simply the smallest keyboard available on the market today.This keyboard has a 77 key layout with an embedded numeric keypad to offer full 101 key functionality. This keyboard uses an ultra-low travel scissor-switch membrane keycap architecture which ensures a stable even key travel movement. This is an improvement over traditional membrane keyboards and ensures that typing is silent, stable and comfortable.
Eliminates Overreaching - Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right make reaching for your mouse on the right-hand side more difficult. The further you have to reach for the mouse, the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. A compact keyboard like the Super Compact Mini Keyboard will help remedy this potential problem by eliminating the built-in numeric keypad altogether.
Low Profile - The keyboard features an incredibly low profile which helps to prevent wrist extension (dorsiflexion), as it is only 0.63" (1.6 cm) high.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: The Super Compact Mini Keyboard achieves its compact size due to the elimination of an integrated numeric keypad on the left or right hand side. However, it does have an embedded numeric keypad, which is simply certain letter keys on the right hand side doubling as number keys when accessed.
The numeric keypad is legended on the top right-hand corner of the keycap in a dark blue color. The Navigation keys are not legended on the embedded numeric keypad but may be accessed by holding down the Fn (Function) key while the Num Lock is turned off. Navigation keys are also located on the bottom right-hand side of the keyboard. The green legends can be activated by holding down the Fn (Function) key while pressing the navigation keys.
- To Activate the Numeric Keypad: Press and release the NumLock key once (i.e. a toggle). The green light at the top right hand corner of the keyboard labeled Num Lock will turn on.
- To Deactivate the Numeric Keypad: Press and release the NumLock key once (i.e. a toggle). The green light at the top right hand corner of the keyboard labeled Num Lock will turn off.
- With NumLock On: The keypad will generate numbers if the NumLock is active. If you press and hold the Fn(Function) key at the same time as NumLock is active, the numeric keypad will revert to the normal keyboard (i.e. letters).
- With NumLock Off: Most computers will boot up with NumLock off, and in this case, the numeric keypad will perform its normal keyboarding functions. The navigation keys can be accessed at any time by holding down the Fn(Function) key and pressing the appropriate key on the embedded numeric keypad.
- To Get Numbers: Toggle Access (Press NumLock and Release).
- To Get Navigation: Shift Access (Press Fn and Hold it Down).
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.