e-talk 8400 AAC Device with Cradle
SKU: e-talk 8400
- e-talk Tablet AAC Device with cradle
- This device offers an 8.4 inch poly-silicon (LTPS) touch screen, which offers brilliant colours in a 800 x 600 pixel resolution that can be viewed with clarity in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Includes e-talk software that is easily customized for any user, featuring the popular Mayer-Johnson picture symbol system (PCS). This software facilitates the creation of multiple pages which flow from one to another allowing smooth verbal communication. Grids can be personalized to allow for completely picture-based buttons or text-based buttons, or a combination. Digital images can be downloaded for full user customization in many of the software programs.
- Text-Text Speech output using DECtalk and L&H speech synthesizer
- Digitally recorded speech (record anyone's voice)
- Mayer-Johnson Symbol Library
- Operating System - Windows CE Embedded (dedicated)
- Display - 8.4" | 21.4 cm Poly-silicon (LTPS) touch screen (viewable outdoors)
- Resolution - 800 x 600 pixels
- Dimensions - 9.3" x 7.7" x 1.8" | 23.6 x 19.6 x 4.6 cm
- Weight - 3.6 lbs |
- Battery - Rechargeable 3700mAh Lithium Ion (8 hours of use)
- Speaker - Loud 2W Internal Speaker
- Sound Input - Built-in microphone
- Sound Output Port - Used for external speaker and used for auditory cues
- Two-Switch Input Ports - Enables up to 2 switches or a joystick for scanning methods
- Serial (RS232) Port - Used for connection to PC for modification and upgrades
- PCMCIA Port - Available for network cards, Flash Cards
- E-Talk Tablet with Cradle is a direct selection communicator designed for use by individuals with communication or speech disabilities. This tablet-computer based communicator uses Windows XP and features touch screen access, a 1.0 gigaHertz (GHz) processor, built-in networking and Wi-Fi capabilities to surf the web. The device offers word processing, and MP3 video capability, and supports other Windows-based software. The included cradle provides two-switch input ports that enable up to two switches or a joystick to be connected for scanning; an internal speaker with a two-watt amplifier; and an audio out port used for an external speaker and auditory cues. The device also is equipped with a built-in microphone and external microphone port; a sound output port used for an external speaker; a USB port for additional USB switches, mouse, or keyboard; and a firewire port used for firewire-enabled products such as video editing. The system includes E-talk 3 communication software, which provides instantaneious button response and page changes. Whether small or large grids, symbols or digital images are used, pages can be changed rapidly.
- The scanning features of E-talk 3 include Row/Column, Column/Row, Linear-Horizontal, Linear-Vertical, Joystick and Cross-Scan. The new Cross-Scan function acts as a crosshair that makes use of two switches, allowing for faster switch use to initiate a specific button. The intersected button will be initiated when the two switches are pressed. In addition, auditory cueing enables users with motor skill or vision disabilities to preview each message before it is played aloud. A preview phrase or word that is programmed is spoken into the user's headphone. When the button is selected, the device's speaker will read the full message that is set on the button. Auditory cueing is available with all scanning methods.
- The software currently supports 20 different languages including English using DECtalk, L&H, and Babel's speech engines. Other languages supported include English (US/United Kingdom/Australian), French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Dutch, Italian, Finnish, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Czech, Korean, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian , Danish, Turkish , and Chinese.
- In addition to the pre-made pages packaged with the software, fully customizable pages can be created and the user can edit the appearance of an e-talk page to his/her liking. Customization options include creating grids from 1 x 1 to 20 x 20 or choosing to have no grids; Changing the background of the page to a solid color or to a photo from a computer; creating buttons at any size without distorting images; positioning the button anywhere on the page; changing the button color or having the button completely invisible; importing an image from a computer to be placed on a button; and using the onboard drawing utility to create images for buttons and backgrounds.
- All customization can be done either on the e-talk device itself, or from your a computer. Buttons can be used to perform all programmed functions on the device. The software also offers type and talk with word prediction. Using the on-screen keyboard, users can type text to be spoken. The unit also offers the ability to have multiple users on one e-talk device without using multiple flashcards. Custom pages and different settings can be accessed by different users. Users can express their creativity using the drawing utility included as part of the e-talk 3 software. Images drawn using the utility can be saved and imported as a button or a background image or printed when imported from flashcard to a personal computer.
- POWER - Uses a rechargeable battery for 3.5 hours of extensive use. Using the cradle extends battery life up to a total of 9 hours
- Manufacturer by Great Talking Box
- Open box - Demo unit - great savings
- Sorry we can offer no support, and only one unit available
- Contact us for details
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.