The SenseView Duo combines a distance camera and a close-up & handwriting camera in one device. You no longer have to carry different magnifiers with you. Use the SenseView Duo at home, school, while shopping, or out on the town.
Imagine being able to read a whiteboard in the classroom, a restaurant menu, a pill bottle, write a check, sign a credit card receipt, read the signs above the aisle in the grocery store all with one device! The SenseView Duo is the first of its kind to provide both distance viewing and close-up viewing in a compact device.
Clear contrast image
The SenseView Duo provides clear, crisp images
Use the SenseView Duo to write checks, sign credit card receipts and more with the built-in handwriting camera
View objects in the distance such as street signs, classroom chalk boards, or billboards
The SenseView Duo includes a close-up camera for reading and handwriting, in addition to a distance camera for objects that are 8 feet or further away.
Store up to 20 images
Various magnification rates
Minimum of 3x, maximum of 13x
Camera light on/off
Camera light can be turned off for lighted objects such as ATM and computer screens
Convenient screen interface
Menu and panning key to manage pictures, sound, and more
Pan around images for easy viewing, including pictures you have stored in memory
LCD: 4.3" diagonal wide WQVGA TFT LCD (16:10)
Magnification: 3x~13x (close-up camera)
Image capacity: capture and store up to 20 pictures
Color modes: full color, enhanced color (close-up camera only), black/white, white/black, yellow/blue, yellow/black, blue/white
Brightness: 4 brightness levels
Power Saving Mode
Battery Indicator Icon
Battery: Lithium Polymer (rechargeable)
Up to 4.5 hours continuous use
Recharge time: 3 hours
Size: 7" (W) X 3" (D) X 1.1" (H), 17.8cm (W) X 7.8cm (D) X 2.8cm (H)
Weight: 0.57lbs, 261g
Unit: Two years
Battery: Six months
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a way I can see the SenseView Duo?
You can view the SenseView Duo demonstration online. You may also contact your local GW Micro dealer at www.gwmicro.com/dealers.
2. I have macular degeneration, will the SenseView Duo work for me?
This is a difficult question to answer, because the answer is different for everyone. In general, the answer is yes. The best way to tell if the SenseView Duo will work for you is to try it. You can try contacting your local GW Micro dealer at www.gwmicro.com/dealers.
3. Can I transfer the pictures I have stored on the SenseView Duo to a computer or memory card?
4. How long do the rechargeable batteries last before they need to be replaced?
This is an impossible question to answer, as it depends upon many variables. For example, how often does the unit get used? Does the consumer let the battery drain all the way, or do they let it charge constantly? The battery is a lithium polymer battery. For more information on lithium polymer batteries, you can visit the following website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_polymer_battery. Essentially, asking this question is like asking how long your cell phone battery will last, or how long your car battery will last. In general, the battery will most likely last at least one year, and probably longer before it needs replaced. Again, this is highly variable and results will vary.
5. When the battery needs to be replaced, can I do it myself?
No. The SenseView Duo should only be disassembled by GW Micro.
6. How much does it cost to replace the battery?
For pricing information on battery replacement, please contact GW Micro
7. How long does the battery last before it needs to be recharged?
It lasts up to 4.5 hours of continuous use until it needs to be recharged.
8. How long does it take to recharge the battery when it is completely dead?
9. Can I charge the battery while I use the SenseView Duo?
10. If my battery goes dead, can I connect the SenseView Duo to AC power, and continue to use it?
11. Can the SenseView Duo connect to a TV or computer monitor?
12. Can the SenseView Duo be used for handwriting?
Yes, the handwriting camera is built-in
13. If I am left-handed, can I use the SenseView Duo to write?
Yes, no matter which way the camera is oriented, the text on the screen will be right-side up.
14. Are the cameras detachable from the SenseView Duo?
No, both the distance camera and the close-up camera are built-in
15. How far away do I have to be away from an object to be able to view it with the distance camera?